Thursday, September 04, 2014

And Now The Festival Begins

The Celebration of the Arts (COTA) held its final General Meeting for 2014 at The Deer Head Inn in Delaware Water Gap, PA www.facebook.com/deerhead.inn on Tuesday September 2nd to make the final preparations for their 37th Annual Jazz and Arts Festival which is scheduled to be held September 5th - 7th. However, I arrived at the meeting just as it was coming to a close so I don’t know what transpired during it. Yet, by the expression of the faces I’ve seen and the mood of the company I felt, I could tell the meeting afforded the large number of people present a time to prepare for the festival both physically and spiritually.

After I shared some good byes and expressed my eagerness to see my comrades in music at the festival, I traveled to the neighboring Presbyterian Church of the Mountain www.facebook.com/pages/Presbyterian-Church-of-the-Mountain/234593743269661 as I did last week where the final rehearsal for The Celebration of the Arts Jazz Mass Choir led by Teresa Marino was under way. The Jazz Mass will take place on Sunday Morning at 10am at the COTA site. You’ll find more photographs taken during the final Celebration of the Arts General Meeting for 2014 and the last rehearsal of the Jazz Mass Choir at The COTA Meetings 2014 Gallery at www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152423759645421.1073741897.636000420&type=1.

The mission of The Celebration of the Arts (COTA) is to present and to support the art of jazz in all its forms and historical breadth through youth education, performing arts presentations, scholarship opportunities, and community outreach throughout the Pocono area. Please Explore The Celebration of the Arts Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/pages/COTA-Celebration-Of-The-Arts/234094683405815, their Website at www.cotajazz.org, or by calling 570-424-2210 to learn how you can become a volunteer and to learn for more information all about COTA has to offer.

No comments: