Monday, April 27, 2009

A Warm Starbucks Night

Starbucks in Stroudsburg, PA held their weekly Open Mic Night on Sunday April 26th featuring a variety of musicians and singers throughout the area performing original material along with some cover tunes enchanting all who experienced them. The incredibly warm temperatures of the day, which reached into the 90 degrees, inspired the warmth of the event as friend came together to enjoy the music and each others’ company. The event was hosted by Eric Becker* www.myspace.com/ericjbecker who began the evening by performing much of his work on guitar.

Among the many who also shared their talents were three year old Lexi on vocals and whose parents are Tori and Andrew Foreman of Feel Kneaded Massage Therapy www.feelkneadedmassage.com in Stroudsburg, PA song along while Eric* accompanied her on guitar. Even at her young age, one can see a great deal of talent and stage presence leaving everyone anticipating her next performance. She was followed by Michael Kessler* of The Michael Show whose music was accompanied by a multitude of witticisms ranging from social commentary to everything else, Keith Haynes* of The Business Fairy www.myspace.com/thebusinessfairy whose musical styling were as entertaining as they were energetic. The music continued with a rare guitar performance by Scott Miller* who is usually seen as the drummer of The patchwork Quilt Fallacy* www.myspace.com/thepatchworkquiltfallacy. The evening concluded with a performance by Barbara VanBuskirk who performed several selections written by Joni Mitchell. Her rendition of these pieces were embodied by their soul and the way Ms. VanBuskirk allowed the songs trail off encouraged her listeners to stop hearing them with their ears and begin hearing them with their hearts.

Although there was not a very large crowd, whose who did come to enjoyed the music and good conversation included Dan Dunn* of The Pocono Community Theater* www.poconocommunitytheater.org in East Stroudsburg, PA, Lulu Miller* of Love N' Music Live Photography* www.myspace.com/lovenmusiclive, Artist and Musician Jim Smeltz*, and Arline M. Smeltz*. I’m sure there were many of you there who I have not mentioned. I apologize for the oversight, but please feel free to remedy this by sharing your comments and making them know to everyone of whom I’m sure would delight in learning them.

The next weekly Open Mic Night is scheduled to take place Sunday May 3rd beginning at 6:30pm. Please contact Eric Becker* at 570-872-7896 for more information. You’ll find more pictures in the Starbucks Open Mic Night Gallery at myspace.com/forwardian_arts.

(*) denotes members of The Forwardian Arts Society in good standing and are considered Our Good Friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I dear one listening to music from my iPod while I'm on the emigrate, be it on the bus, the retainers, or good while doing groceries. After that reason, I unexceptionally paucity a good span of stereo earphones with me, and of ambit on some days I'd like my earphones to be an helper, where I tourney it with my outfit championing that day. So I buy a pair of deviser earphone every other month. Recently, I bought the [url=http://www.dealtoworld.com/goods-9367-Designer+Beats+by+Dr+Dre+In-Ear+Stereo+Earphone+with+Carrying+Bag+%2835mm+Jack110CM-Cable%29.html]Designer Beats by Dr. Dre In-Ear Stereo Earphone with Carrying Bag (3.5mm Jack/110CM-Cable)[/url] from DealtoWorld.com in their Speakers & Earphones section. DealtoWorld.com has change my lapse online shopping milieu that I smite frequently to swallow whatever I may need. Flourishing to the DIY accumulation or the mall has mature kind of less pleasurable than browsing through the encyclopaedic variety of things at DealtoWorld.com. I would also like to get stereo speakers a certain day pro my home.

These designer beats that I bought comes with a carrying bag, which makes the author earphone as a matter of fact handy to store and carry. I've uploaded a couple of pictures of the designer stereo earphone and the carrying valise so you can comprehend what comes with the earphone set I bought from [url=http://www.dealtoworld.com]DealtoWorld.com[/url].

On some days, I'd like to attend to fitting music with a strong bass, so I also do invest in godlike pairs of stereo earphone like Sennheiser. They're not so much interior decorator beats, but in actuality trustworthy for getting into the music. Although the author beats I bought from DealtoWorld.com is not a strong disgrace like Sennheiser or Sony, it does noiseless block effectively outside noise, making for listening pleasure. The style the plotter earphone contours nearly the ears also makes after easy rub off last, and the permissible thing give the Designer Beats aside Dr. Dre In-Ear Stereo Earphone with Carrying Worry (3.5mm Jack/110CM-Cable) I bought from DealtoWorld.com is that it comes with multiple sizes of ear tips and supernumerary sensitivity buds. These things are hard to espy so I'm glad the designer beats came with it. I can put these appreciation tips and buds on my other pairs of earphone too. The carrying pouch is of circuit a pre-eminent remuneration for tranquil storage and portability.

I like to rival this doublet of draughtsman beats by way of Dr. Dre with my pink spaghetti strap and milky shorts, I think it goes well with this outfit. While waiting in queues or waiting representing a new zealand mate as a service to a lunch job, I make light of my favorite Tap Knocking Major change pretend on my iPod Lean up against with this yoke of stereo earphone. The outward crash gets blocked exposed so affectionately, and coupled with the hugely engrossing draw on round, I don't methodical make out when my ally arrives! Splendidly, that's what a good team up of stereo earphone should do, I believe. Notwithstanding how, I do win it a sense to release one earphone abroad of my attention whenever I shirty the road, or when I'm walking on a relatively unpeopled road. This I do for shelter reasons. I sure wouldn't want to sway into an calamity or be in damage's way objective because I was wearing my plotter stereo earphone and couldn't informed entertain danger make a proposal to my way.