Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Art of Independent Seniors

The Department of Art of East Stroudsburg University (ESU)* in East Stroudsburg, PA is currently running an exhibition for their Senior Seminar and Independent Study Students. I missed going to the Opening Reception on Monday April 20th, but I did have an opportunity to partake of the show on Wednesday April 22nd while I was waiting for the University’s Choral Concert to begin (I’ve posted an article with some pictures relating to that as well).

Although there were few people there, the creativity of the artists filled the otherwise empty room. It was good to feel the energies of love that must have been felt by the artists, but I felt a bit amiss as I didn’t have an opportunity to meet with any of them. I would have loved to learn what inspired them and, since they were students, what are their creative plans for the future.

The exhibition continues until April 30th and is held in The Madelon Powers Gallery in The Fine and Performing Arts Center on the Campus of ESU*. Please Explore The ESU* Website for more information. You’ll find more Photographs in The Forwardian Arts Society Visual Arts 2009 Gallery at myspace.com/forwardian_arts.

(*) denotes members of The Forwardian Arts Society in good standing and are considered Our Good Friends.

No comments: