Sunday, May 04, 2008

The Artsy Streets of Stroudsburg

The Jacob Stroud Corporation* presented their Monthly Evening on Main Event on Saturday May 3rd in celebration of the creative influences on Stroudsburg, PA and surrounding areas. Those who braved the chilled weather were treated by numerous gallery receptions, sidewalk exhibitions, and outdoor entertainment ranging from bands to hoola hoops to belly dancing. The gallery receptions included The ArtSpace Gallery* who hosted the Annual Pocono Arts Council* Members’ Show in which local artist are rewarded prized in recognition of their talents. The sidewalk exhibitions included Jim Smeltz* who displayed his abundant works while the outdoor entertainment included the band “Ippy and The Project.” I met so many friends throughout the day I’m sure to miss mentioning many if I attempt to do so. So, I won’t. I’ll only say it was great sharing the experiences as our conversations brought about a renewed appreciation for you all in my heart. I invite you to share your reflections of the day by adding a comment to this article. I look forward to hearing from you. The next Evening on Main Event will be Saturday June 7th. I would love to see you there. Please call 570-476-4460 or visit their website at www.stroudsburg.net for more information. You’ll find several photographs at The Forwardian Arts Society The Artsy Streets of Stroudsburg Gallery at myspace.com/forwardian_arts while a complete collection of photographs can be found at www.360.yahoo.com/pauladam in the Visual Arts 08 Gallery on flicker.

(*) denotes members of The Forwardian Arts Society in good standing and are considered Our Good Friends.

No comments: