Friday, December 07, 2007

Poem: The Nightmare

The Forwardian Arts Society is honored to share the poetic works of Peter Serra with you. Please feel free to send us your literary works to be considered for publication on our Blog. We welcome any topic or style. We also welcome your comments on this and anything we post. We look forward to reading your work and we’ll keep a good thought for you until then.

The Nightmare
by Peter Serra copyright 2007

I dreamt I was rich.
Then they toppled the system.

I sat in a room full of cash, happy.
It was locked from the outside.

I won a huge lottery and built a castle.
I built a great stone wall surrounding it.
Outside of the wall I built a wide trench.
The firemen waved.

The trunk of my car was filled with gold bars.
As I slept it was repossessed.

I found a brown paper bag with bearer bonds.
In a cold articulate and determined voice, she said, "Stick em up!"

I found a treasure chest.
I was surrounded by sharks.

Lastly, I found myself poor.
The telephone rang only to remind me.
I had so many bills I kidnapped my mailbox.
These specters I knew all too well.
Ah, restful sleep.
Thank God.

No comments: