Tuesday, August 04, 2015

Meandering Around the Arts in Stroudsburg

The Saturday August 1st Art Walk that was held in Stroudsburg, PA by the Pocono Arts District who presented many wonders to behold. There were paintings being created by area artist of local business (you'll find a list of participating the artists and and businesses at www.facebook.com/Wehearttheforwardianarts) to commemorate the town's 200th Anniversary as well as Murals being prepared and painted to further enhance the beauty of the town. These projects were initiated and maintained by St'Art Stroudsburg www.facebook.com/startstroudsburg?fref=ts. There was also music performed by the duet knows as “Woodrow” www.facebook.com/wearewoodrow throughout the town during the day. However, since I arrived a bit later in the town than I expected, I missed all of that.


Luckily, many of my friends took photographs and shared stories with me of their adventures that they experienced before my arrival. I was and remain very appreciative of all they relayed to me as I continue to value their friendship highly. Thank you. I've shared the photos they posted on Facebook on The Forwardian Arts Society's Page. Please feel free to explore them. I invite you to share your photographs and stories about all that transpired during the day with me. I eagerly await hearing from you.



Anyways, there were some events going on during the day that occurred after my appearance in the town. The first was an Artist's Reception held at DR's Custom Framing, Artisan Crafts and Art Gallery featuring the oil paintings of Charles Rauch carauch@yahoo.com. It was a very small gathering but this allowed me the opportunity to learn more about Mr. Rauch and his wife along with all the art related adventures they partook of. The work presented was very well done as the subtleties found within the exceptionally applied brush strokes gave each image a beauty illuminated from within.



DR's Custom Framing and Art Gallery is located at 730 Main Street in Stroudsburg, PA. In addition to presenting art upon their walls, the shop offers a variety of framing options for artists who seek to present their visual work in an enhancing manner. They also offer  a number of gift items including artist note cards, greeting cards, jewelry, baskets,  posters, and prints. The exhibition featuring the work of Charles Rauch will continue to be on display until September 30th. The featured artist for their next exhibition is yet to be announced. You can learn more about DR's Custom Framing and Art Gallery by exploring their Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/pages/D-Rs-Custom-FramingArt-Gallery/115617568553944?fref=ts or their Website at www.drsgallery.com.



After a time, I left DR's Custom Framing and Art Gallery and waked to the Origins Gallery. They were in the midst of holding an Open House event in which those who arrived were given an opportunity to share their talents in drawing, painting, music, poetry, or however the creative spirit of the venue moved one. I was inspired to relax upon one of their magnificent couches while intermittently rising to chat with one of the artist or to view the work upon the gallery's walls. I enjoyed that. The work upon the gallery's wall was from their Fantasies and Imaginings exhibit which concluded on August 2nd. The gallery's next exhibit will be titled, “Surreal Estate of Mind – Abstracts and Apertures” with the Artists' Reception taking place on Saturday August 8th beginning at 6pm. You can learn more about The Origins Gallery by exploring their Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/OriginsGalleryStroudsburg?fref=ts or their Website at www.originsgallery.org.



While I was at The Origins Gallery, I learn of the locations of where the new murals being prepared for more extensive painting were. It was shortly after this did I bid my fare wells to the company and ventured toward their sites. Even though they were in the early stage of their creation, I could already imagine the magnificence they would obtain through their aesthetic evolutions. I am eager to experience the completed images. In the meantime, you can view the photographs I took during my Art Walk Adventure in the Meandering Around the Arts in Stroudsburg Gallery at www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10154089405043761.1073741882.91146283760&type=3.



The August 1st Art Walk proved to be an enjoyable one even though I missed most of the happenings through my tardiness. The echoes of the day could still be felt and they brought a smile to my heart while I was there. The first Saturday Art Walks are presented by The Pocono Arts District which is comprised of a small group of artists and art lovers who has a desire to enhance the local artistic community. The next Art Walk will take place on Saturday September 5th. I hope to see you there. The Pocono Arts District is always searching for new ideas and you can share them through their Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/ThePoconoArtsDistrict.



Photography by Paparazzi Paul.

No comments: